Canterbury is a European city
Join us in building a strong and visible pro-European movement in Canterbury
Today’s Canterbury thrives as an open, inclusive and cosmopolitan place. It is home to people from across the EU. Canterbury welcomes fellow European visitors and thousands of EU students.
Canterbury For Europe is true grass roots movement based around an informal Facebook group. We are growing fast. We are affiliated to Britain for Europe and East Kent European Movement. We continue to forge links with other pro EU campaigners in the UK and beyond.
Canterbury for Europe’s sole mission is to support the national campaign to reverse Brexit. Our strategy is to act locally to build public pressure to keep the UK in the EU.
The referendum campaign that delivered the Brexit result was characterised by lies and misinformation from the Leave camps and by a lack lustre Remain campaign. We challenge the accepted wisdom that Brexit is a done deal. We do not accept that Brexit is the ‘will of the people’. We believe that parliament should and must reverse the decision. We are a beacon to those who think nothing can be done.
To fulfil our mission, we will:
• Engage with MPs and MEPs to press for parliament to have a final say on Brexit
• Work with local branches of national parties to challenge Brexit
• Run street stalls to spread our message and recruit members
• Affiliate to other pro-EU groups such as Britain for Europe and the European Movement
• Participate in events such as hustings and public meetings
• Attend and organise marches, rallies, etc. to create awareness of our group and its objectives
• Support other pro-EU groups
• Undertake other activities consistent with our core mission of stopping Brexit
Website published by Canterbury for Europe
c/o European Movement UK
Millbank Tower, Millbank